Wednesday, October 12, 2011

National Palace Museum, Taiwan

Here's a postcard I got from my good friend Berns, who started Postcrossing just about the same time that I did.  She had an internship in Taiwan last year and so she has a lot of postcards from there.  She sent me this one for my birthday while I was in Japan a few months back.

The National Palace Museum (NPM) inaugurated on 10 October 1921, is an art museum located inside the Forbidden City.  The NPM shares the same roots with the Palace Musuem, but split as a result of the Chinese Civil War.

The NPM has a permanent collection of over 600,000 ancient Chinese artifacts and artwork from over 8000 years of Chinese history from the Neolithic Age to the Qing Dynasty.

The main gate of the National Palace Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment