Sunday, November 27, 2011

Taal Volcano, Tagaytay

Here's a local postcard my calculating business friend, Jescia, sent me while I was in Japan last May.

The Taal Volcano, with a 406-meter-high crater, is the world's smallest volcano located in Tagaytay City.

Located about 50 km south of the capital, Manila, Tagaytay is a popular weekend hangout and vacation destination for many who want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city life.  I've been to Tagaytay many times to chill out with friends, ride horses, have lunch overlooking the Taal Lake, but I've never been inside the crater.  I know that there are tours that take you boating in the lake and hiking near the crater since Taal is a volcano island.  Definitely going inside the crater before I die.

A great-tasting freshwater fish, Sardinella tawilis, can be found exclusively in Taal Lake
Jescia was kind enough to pay 2.5x the price of a normal postcard for an express delivery.  Here are the stamps she used:

3 Manta Ray stamps and a Chambered Nautilus

No comments:

Post a Comment