Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Main Market Square in Kraków

 So I realized I haven't really been posting for a while now.  Happy New Year! I should update more.  I have about 50 more cards waiting to be posted here.  Should do this to help me prepare for the Foreign Service Exam this February.

Anyway, I received this card from Karol last June 2011.

The Main Square (or Rynek Glowny in the vernacular) has been at the heart of Krakow since the 13th century.  Over the years, the Rynek's function evolved from the economic to the social center of Krakow.  Once a gathering place for merchants all over Europe to sell and trade their goods, the Rynek now gathers tourists from around the world.  It's the perfect place to start seeing the famous landmarks in the city.

The Main Square and St. Mary's Basilica
It came with these stamps:

The Dwór w Łopusznej (manor house in Łopuszna) and 1 of the 6 Koty (cats) stamps designed  by Andrzej Gosik

Karol even added that he was getting married in 6 weeks.  Congrats on your marriage with the love of your life, Dorothy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment