Monday, August 23, 2010

El Nido, Palawan

My first plane ride was to El Nido, Palawan when I was in first grade.  I was with my parents and grandfather.  The year was 1997, if I'm not mistaken.

El Nido had an amazing beach.  Crystal clear salt water brushed the shore of fine white sand.  I was young and stupid back then and I took for granted the awesomeness of the beach.  The most I did was to construct an average sand mountain as I absolutely had no knowledge of sand castles, much less how to build one.

We went boat-riding, island-hopping, snorkeling, and my parents went spelunking.  Back then, I wasn't as intrepid as I am now, so I didn't join them into the dark caves.  We also fed bread to fishes.  

All beaches after El Nido were no match.

My dad scanned some of the pictures of our trip.  Here they are:

Here's 6-year old me with my mom by the El Nido airport sign
Here's me and my Lolo standing on the shores of El Nido

Here's us riding what I then called a torpedo boat
I'd love to go back there someday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment