Saturday, August 28, 2010

Miag-ao, Iloilo

Last year, my friends and I spent a week in Iloilo.  As you may or may not know, Iloilo is home to many old churches, which date back to the time of the Spaniards.

One of the oldest churches in the country is the Miag-ao Church in Miag-ao, Iloilo.  I have no idea why Miag-ao  has to have a dash (-) in between.  Anyway, the church was constructed in 1786.  One of the church staff told me that the walls were actually made from egg cement.  Awesome!

Unfortunately, the church was being renovated when we visited so I didn't get to take really good photos.

The Miag-ao Church is under renovation.

Miag-ao Church's well-maintained lawn, if you like

Inside Miag-ao Church
So after the unsatisfying visit to the supposedly breath-taking church, we went to UP Visayas.  We took pictures by the Oblation, the symbol of the University of the Philippines.

Here's my friend, Stef, posing behind the Oblation.
I'd love to go back to the Miag-ao Church when it's no longer being renovated.

No comments:

Post a Comment